Spotify found its rebirth on the Roku on Oct 31, 2018. Finally, both of them decided to collaborate once again to provide users with a lineup of some of the best music available in the industry.Maintain your musical content and even share them. You have a choice of over 40M songs for freewith the help of Spotify on Roku. For those of you who are unfamiliar, upgrade to Spotify Premium for access to exclusive features. You get to listen to your favorite music with improved sound quality and additionally, provides ad-free listening. Browsing through the channel is not difficult at all. You can do this with the help of the Roku Remote.
Alternatively, you can also use Spotify Connect. The app also lets you control the channel on the Roku through the mobile phone, tablet or PC. Spotify delivers powerful, premium audio if you own a Roku TV with the wireless speakers that complement Spotify to the fullest.
Spotify on Roku TVs
If you own a Roku TV, ensure that you are running on the OS 8.2. To do this, get to the SETTINGS option, first. Then go to CHECK NOW under the SYSTEM and then the SYSTEM UPDATE option. From here, you can also perform a manual update of your software to 8.2. Roku models 3600 and newer are expected to contain the latest OS 9.0 by the end of 2018.
About Spotify’s come back
The announcement was officially made last month that Spotify would be back on the Roku TVs and Streaming players. Since last year, the app was missing but now since last month, it has become available on Roku’s Channel Store. The channel and app are both available both to paid as well as free subscribers of the music service. Spotify’s new Roku app is committed to provide users with the channel’s completeindex of songs. It also provides access to users’ Spotify on Roku library. Subscribers can also initiate a playback from a mobile device if you get Spotify Connect.
Features of the Spotify app
- Access more than 40 million songs on Spotify.
- Search for your preferred music through several parameters, such as record label, genre, artist, album, or even playlist.
- Curate playlists for other users or simply create, share and manage your own and share them on social media such as Facebook.
- Third-party developers to design applications that could be hosted within the Spotify computer software.
- Applications provide features such as synchronized lyrics, music reviews, and song recommendations.
- The SPOTIFY PLAY BUTTON is a music player that can be embedded into websites, blogs and social media.
- Visitors can pick and listen to a specific song, album or playlist without leaving the webpage.
Other buttons and tabs
HOME start page
- Serves up with recommendations for your music that keeps improving over a period of time.
- Provides users with updates on the latest releases from their favorite artists.
- It also provides concert recommendations based on your listening history.
- Add all your tracks you want to listen to in here.
- This way you don’t have to create and add your songs to a particular playlist.
- With the FOLLOW tab, users can follow friends and even artists to see their preferential music.