Cutting cable and streaming TV over the internet is possible at a cheap price with Sling TV.
Sling TV though it has a lot more competitors today, was the very first internet TV service that was introduced. However, Sling TV still remains one of the cheapest TV services which provide channels like ESPN, TBS, CNN etc
Currently Sling TV on Roku provides two subscription packages which are Sling Orange and Sling Blue. However, both of these packages offer some channels that are not available in the other.
What channels are on the Sling Orange package of Sling TV on Roku?
- Sling Orange, for a basic price of $25 a month lets you watch 30 channels, but lacks broadcast networks.
- Some of the channels on Sling Orange include Freeform, ACC Network Extra, ESPN, ESPN2, TBS etc.
What channels are on the Sling Blue package of Sling TV on Roku?
- Sling Blue, also for a basic price of $25 chucks out few of the channels in Sling Orange while adding a few more.
- Some of the channels on Sling Blue package are AMC, HGTV, Cartoon Network, FS1, FX, TBS, TNT etc
- However the local broadcast channels like ABC, CBS are still not available in the Sling Blue package.
A Comparison of the Sling Orange and Blue packages
- When you opt for the Sling Orange package, you can only stream shows on one device. While opting, the Sling Blue package, you can simultaneously stream movies and TV shows on three screens.
- The highlights of the Sling Orange package, is that it offers ESPN and Disney Channel.
- Removing ESPN, Disney and Free From, Sling Blue package adds FOX and the NBC networks NBCSN, Bravo, SyFy etc
- Also, you can get both the packages at $40 a month and enjoy the benefits of all the above channels.
Extra packages or add-ons on the Sling TV Roku app
Sling TV on Roku gives you extra packages like Comedy Extra, Kids Extra, Lifestyle Extra, News Extra, NBA League Pass etc. Most of these extra packages will cost you additional $5/month, except for the Sports extra which is $10.
In addition to these, for varying prices, you can also get Premium channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax and Starz.
Local channels that you can watch using Sling TV on Roku
Local channels like CBS and ABC are currently unavailable on Sling TV the subscriptions. Though ABC was previously available to Sling TV subscribers, the internet TV service has an ongoing dispute with Uni-vision and states it is hoping to reinstate the channel soon.
Also, the Sling Blue customers can only watch FOX and NBC regional channels in a few markets.
How to add the Sling TV to your Roku device
- Connecting the Roku streaming device to your TV and the internet, sign in to your Roku account and go to the ‘Home’ page.
- Then, to access the Roku channel store, you will have to select the option ‘Streaming Channels’.
- With the help of the Roku remote, navigate and search for Sling TV on Roku search bar.
- Once you locate the Sling TV Roku app, add it to your list of channels by selecting ‘Add Channel’.
- Now Sling TV will appear on your ‘Home’ screen and you can sign in to the app using your account credentials.
- By subscribing to one of the packages, you can create a Sling TV account for yourself.
How can one watch Sling TV Roku free on the Roku streaming device?
You can watch Sling TV free Roku only for the 7 day free trial period. But, you would need to provide your credit card details, in order to access the free trail. You can watch few episodes of the shows like ‘Shameless’ and ‘Billions’ during this free trial period.
The Sling TV app for other devices
The Sling TV app is available for Android and iOS users on Google Play Store and App Store respectively.
All the of Sling TV’s features on Roku streaming device is also available on iOS and Android devices.
Sling TV Offers on Packages
For the tax day promotion, on the Sling TV packages 2019, it is offering a 40% discount to its subscribers. In this Sling TV on Roku offer, the Blue and Orange package are down to $15 a month from $25 for the next three months. Similarly, the Blue plus Orange combined package is down to $25 a month from $40. The cheapest internet TV service has become even cheaper with this promotion.
What can one do if my Sling TV is not working on the Roku device?
If Sling TV on Roku streaming device is not working, then check the network connection of Roku. The channels may be slow, if too many devices are connected, even though the Roku device is on a fast network. So try disconnecting the other devices connected to the same network.
If this does not help, try to restart your Roku by accessing the ‘Settings’ menu on the device. Or you could call up the Roku customer support @ +1-866-488-8350 to resolve your issue or you can visit the Roku com link website @ my-roku-com-link.com.